Dear piler users,

I'm aware of that many of you use centos 6, 7 and 8. And some systemd un-fans even centos 5. I assume all of you have heard the recent news that centos 8 deceases at the end of this year as we know it, and Redhat suggests to move to Centos Stream: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Jim Salter of ArsTechnica wrote an in-depth article about what happened:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/centos-shifts-from-red-hat-unbranded-to-red-hat-beta/

He also suggested some possible solutions and alternatives:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/centos-linux-is-gone-but-its-refugees-have-alternatives/

I think some users will stay on centos 7 as long as possible (EOL status at the end of 2024). Some users might go with the flow and switch to centos stream. And some other
users may migrate to something else.

I wonder what your opinion on the matter is.

Janos