On 2023-05-05 18:18, Jeremiah Poling wrote:

Is there a way to reimport the failed ones?

Maybe somehow delete a date range of mails from the system and then
reimport that range?

I still have access to the source eml files from the date range in
question, but trying to import them now just results in a bunch of
“duplicate: XXX” messages in the console

that's a tricky one. As I mentioned, piler discard these emails, because
they already exist in the metadata table. You have 2 options:

a) the "cannot open()" issue indicated that the given file is not present in the store directory structure. So option #1 is to get your backup, and
restore the missing files

b) if you don't have backups, then try removing the affected emails from
both the metadata and rcpt tables. Also you have the attachment table
which stores info to reassemble emails with attachments. Since an attachment may be present in several emails, I'm not sure if you should remove any rows
from the attachment table.

Anyway, be sure to backup the piler mysql database.

Janos