Jack> I hadn't followed this thread closely until now because I don't
Jack> have a PalmPix camera.  Has this application been turned into a
Jack> general purpose image viewing application?  I've been looking
Jack> for a good color image viewing application for my M505 for some
Jack> time now.

David> Nope, it's imply takes the PalmPix image database file as
David> input, and spits out successive .bmp files for each "slide" in
David> the PalmPix database.  It's not a palm-side-resident
David> application, it's more of a desktop conduit. I was just talking
David> to Rasmus in irc, and beat up a few interesting ideas around
David> this. Once I get some time to hack on something, I might spend
David> a few hours and see if I can get this idea I have working.

Okay, it's a great desktop conduit, but what application would be on
the other side?  Are there any decent free packages to view color
images on the newer Palms?  I've looked and haven't seen any.

David> That being said, linking this to imlib2 to enable png, jpg, and
David> wbmp (WML stuff, basically tBMP) support, would be a nice
David> feature. Embellish it later with quantizing, output options,
David> scaling, etc. and you have a really nice full-blown desktop
David> conduit for this. Wrap it in gtk+ later, and you have a really
David> slick desktop gui for it. Slap a plugin into JPilot with a
David> "slideshow" style viewer, and you have a full 360-degree
David> conduit to use.

Where's the viewer?  That's the only piece I'm really missing for my
needs.  No flashy conduit needed if I can just add and subtract images
in some arbitrary format.

David> Just some more ideas to strengthen it a bit...

The most obvious missing piece looks like the toughest one.

David> /d

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley