Joe Pfeiffer writes:
> The O'Reilly book is pretty good, as are the downloadable reference
> manuals from Palm.

I didn't find that the O'Reilly book or the references on Palm's site
had any relevance whatsoever to developing on Linux with software you
can download today.

I found the getting-started experience very frustrating, because every
document I found on the web described versions of the software which
were no longer available, and didn't address the fact that the PRC-tools
distribution and the SDK versions don't work together, or that the
PRC-tools example code all relies on a version of the SDK which is
no longer available for Linux (though you can get old SDKs for Windows
and Mac).  Similarly, all the actual Palm Linux developers I found
were using setups from a year or more ago.

I wrote up a page on my experiences, which may be helpful to you:
   http://www.shallowsky.com/palmlinuxdev.html

If there are things I missed due to being a bonehead Palm newbie,
and there actually is an easier way to do any of these things,
I hope someone will correct me and post the easier ways for those
of us who didn't figure it out.

        ...Akkana