Thanks to the hard work of jpr (and his shiny new m500), we now have
USB working in pilot-link. It's not yet 100% production capacity, and we're
still working out some issues with it (PADP + tickle is one touchy area),
but it definately does work. We had to separate the protocols, and build a
"protocol recipe" for each type of sync (serial, usb, IR, net). I just
wanted to keep everyone informed..

        The branch in cvs is the protocol-rewrite-branch, for those brave
souls who wish to try this out.  You'll have to s/PI_AF_SLP/PI_AF_PILOT/ to
test it out in the binary of your choice. You'll find libsock/test.c for
your testing purposes. The top-level binaries in that branch will not build
directly until I merge my updates in HEAD with this branch. If you change
the PI_AF_SLP calls, you can test out the functionality of some of the
binaries (pilot-xfer -l for example).

        Once we work out the kinks, and get all the options and argument
passing working, some of the reliant applications will have to change
slightly (JPilot, KPilot and others), but this gives us a much cleaner
implementation overall.

        Stay tuned...

/d