On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 02:07:23AM -0500, The guy named after an Om Kalthoum song
wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to figure out why I get this problem:
>
> [omri@percy-hobbs omri]$ pilot-xfer /dev/ttyS0 -b ~/Pilot
>
>    Unable to bind to port /dev/ttyS0
>    pi_bind: Invalid argument
>
> When I fire up GDB, and go step by step,
> I find that for some reason my machine does not consider
> /dev/ttyS0 to be a TTY, as tested by isatty().

FWIW I've heard of someone whose serial port switched from /dev/ttyS0 to
/dev/ttyS2 (perhaps caused by a kernel upgrade or something).  This
produced the same not-a-tty behavior.

-Ben
--
Ben Darnell              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://thoughtstream.org