OK, I've finally got my m505 synched with coldsync - it put up a bit of a
fight, and I think I've got some outstanding problems, but that's another
story...

For the HOWTO I want to focus on stable solutions, so would the following
summary of USB connectivity be fair:

Handspring Visor: Works perfectly with both pilot-link and coldsync.

Palm m500 series: Coldsync works, but there are some bugs. Pilot-link is
getting there but is only really suitable for developers at this stage.

Sony CLIE: Same as m500?

Anyone have any experience with other devices over USB?

On an unrelated note, I've just tried subscribing to the jpilot list and
had my mail rejected as spam. I tried to email Judd about it with the same
result - if you're reading this I'd be grateful if you could let me know
what's going on.

Sean Buckley.