> I was also told that pilot-link would work (the CVS version) so I
> downloaded the latest snapshot, compiled it, and no luck. The only thing I
> can think is that sony changed the protocol that the device speaks (it is
> part of the T series, and the others on the market are part of the S
> series - S320, S610, etc)

        There are two parallel development efforts going on right now in
pilot-link, and they will be merged back together at some point soon.
There's cvs HEAD, which is tracking the 0.10.1 release, and another branch
called the 'protocol-rewrite-branch', or "prb" for short, which contains the
functional USB support code. You grabbed HEAD, most-likely, not the prb, so
you don't have the USB code you require for your device to test it.

> I am willing to help do whatever I can to get it to work under linux, I
> have some programming experience, but nothing of this sort (which doesn't
> mean I wouldn't be willing to learn).

        #pilot-link on irc.adriel.net, or any other Undernet server. Join
us, and we'll do what we can to get it working with your device.

        NOTE: This is *NOT* a release, it is development code, so you are on
your own if you decide to install it and overwrite previous versions, or
break things like JPilot and Evolution by using the "prb" in a production
capacity before release on your machine. You have been warned =)

        Seriously though, it works, but isn't fully there. The applications
(conduits) in the upper directory are going to be thrown away and the newer
ones in HEAD will replace them. In order to release "prb", many of the
supporting applications will need to be modified to handle the new
structures after it's merged with HEAD and released. We are only testing
compatibility right now, and it looks like the Sony devices are going to be
the most painful (not surprised there). We've had about a dozen people
report varying differences between even minor Sony device models.

        See you there.

/d