On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 23:01, Pavel Janík wrote:
>    From: Damien Donlon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>    Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 05:36:14 +0100
>
> First note:
>
>    > Note: I am particularly interested to get peoples thoughts on
>    > treatment of broken files.
>
> Could be very simple: just do check the file *before* actually writing it
> into repository - see
> http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.12.13/cvs_18.html#SEC190 and/or
> http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/docs/cvsbook/The-commitinfo-And-loginfo-And-rcsinfo-Files.html
> for more details.
>
> This way, only correct files are written and user is informed that he has
> done something wrong.

Yes, I thought about doing this. My worry was that it would be
inordinately slow and that we would not be allowed to add it into the
CVSROOT so I did not implement it. It is a solution though. I  will see
whether we are allowed to do this when going live. IN the meantime I can
test to see how it affects commit speed.

Regards,
Damien