G.Penate wrote:

That camera is perhaps the ideal "real" 35mm camera to use for pinholing

Acting devil's advocate (I'm Scottish, it's something we do):

* the internal metering cell might prevent you fitting a recessed pinhole.

* if you manage to get past the cell, the L, like all CV rangefinders, has a double Copal metal shutter that protrudes a bit.

* The L body is a bit plastic feeling, but no worse than the Cosina C-1, Nikon FE and Olympus OM2000, which share the same frame.

An old Soviet rangefinder body like a Zorki 4K might allow a more deeply recessed pinhole, but you'd have to deal with the rangefinder cam and the build quality issues.

I didn't know anything about it until yesterday.  I am tempted!

So I guess I'll bring by Bessa-R along when we meet up, eh?

Do you know if you can buy viewfinders alone?

You can -- see <http://cameraquest.com/inventor.htm> -- but they are about half the price of the lens + VF combo.

 Stewart

(who still can't develop paper 8x10 negs properly, bah.)