--- Trent Dowler <tdow...@grnco.net> wrote:
> Phillip,
>
>      Great article! Thanks for sharing it, and

You're welcome!  I spaced, meant to send it out before
world pinhole day, but didn't....

>      Which camera did you craft the pinhole camera
> from? The cheap ones

I visit thrift stores and look for the real simple
35mm "give-away" type cameras.  The one's I've had the
best luck with are the plain "flat" ones that don't
try to look like an SLR and have a sliding lens cover
(which usually works for a pinhole shutter).  I check
to see if they're assembled with screws (either inside
the camera, or on the outside ends) so they're easy to
open up & modify.  I usually find these for a couple
of dollars.  I've been seeing a number of "vivitar
focus free PN2011"  lately, and I've been grabbing
these for the next time I do this.  Another one that I
see from time to time is the "Bell & Howell 35J" --
this one, though cheap, is built like a "real" camera
and has more a more robust shutter mechanism that
looks like can be modified -- I haven't tried yet, but
I think I can make it give a "B" speed instead of
"Instant".  On the real simple cameras, I usually just
remove the lens & shutter completely.