Jenn,

Probably in the realm of idle speculation here.

Field of view would be dependent on focal length just like visible light.

Resolution is also a function of the size of the pinhole based on the standard circle of confusion arguments, The smaller the pinhole, the greater f is, therefore the sharper the image.

On the lower limit, optimal pinhole size is a function of the wavelength and focal length. Since the wavelength of gamma rays is so short, it would be pretty hard to get a hole small enough for this to come in to play.

The thick piece of lead is going to be your biggest problem. The ideal pinhole is in a planar surface. In actual practice, this means as thin a material as is opaque to the radiation involved. I 'm afraid I don't know the arguments, but when the hole becomes a tunnel, image quality fails, first because it restricts the field of view (strictly a geometry thing again) , and secondly because of internal reflections inside the tunnel (but I don't think gamma rays will reflect normally off a lead surface). There's gotta be some other reason also, the Victorian authors I've read make a big deal about the thinness of the material.

Some of the first high energy astronomy detectors were clusters of tunnels like this that didn't form an image exactly, just restricted the field of view so much that they detected that there was a source of light somewhere in the direction the tunnel was pointing.

Interesting idea though.