Hey, glad they got out there -- sorry I couldn't get
together with you/them, but my last month or so has
been weird.

You might keep an eye on IMEX
http://www.metrokc.gov/hazwaste/imex/toc.html
which tries to match up surplus industrial stuff with
possible users -- I just took a peek and found a
couple of possibilities...

A0903825 - CARDBOARD TUBES
Available in Richland, WA :
850 heavy-duty cardboard tubes for mailing. In perfect
condition; in original boxes of 25; 4" x 25". Also
have 1700 plastic caps (2 per tube). Transportation
negotiable within Pacific Northwest area.
CONTACT: Kenneth Requard, Badger Mountain Studio
Phone:(509)627-0810 E-Mail: aqua...@owt.com

A0906960 - PAPER CORE TUBES
Available in Everett, WA :
36" and 38 1/2" long, 12" diameter roll paper cores;
10mm wall thickness. Good for concrete forms if you
don't need to strip, cat perches, art projects, etc.
No charge if you haul. Recurs at 50 per month.
CONTACT: Gary McClintock, Specialty Manufacturing
Phone:425-407-1475 Fax:425-407-1488 E-Mail:
g...@specialtypulltabs.com

I've also had my eye on tins -- you can often find
candy tins with a tight fitting lid for .50 at thrift
stores, which (lined with black paper and with a hole
punched in them) would make a dandy camera -- and
several companies (starbucks, republic of tea, etc)
sell tea/coffee in small, tall tins that would be
perfect for a sheet of 4x5 paper, if you could find a
busy store or 3, maybe they'd save them for you...

-- Philip