> Hi, just wondered if people ever put paper negatives in the enlarger.  If
> so, are there any problems with it?
> --shannon

>I'd rather shoot paper the size of the intended final print and
>contact print them after.
>Guillermo

Actually, Shannon, it is easy enough to enlarge paper negatives. The main
thing is to have negatives on a single-weight paper. I was making 4x5 paper
negatives in my homemade, balsa wood camera with Kodabromide Grade 2 paper
[unfortunately, Kodak doesn't manufacture this WONDERFUL fiber based paper
anymore]. I had fun enlarging them. I would cut off the safety lights and
stare at the enlarger base for a while until I "saw" the focus. Explosure
times are fairly long...upwards 2 minutes, if I remember correctly. No hard
fuzzies; no bad problems, although I would assume that after too long a time
you would start seeing the paper fibers.
If you want to enlarge them...do it. Otherwise, make a camera that makes a
5x7 [12,8x17,8] or an 8x10 [20,3x25,4] paper negative. Then contact print.
Good point, Guillermo.
Rosanne