hi all,

taking photos for the wppd was the first time ever I got results with paper negatives that weren't too contrasty. The weather was sunny here in Finland, but now it's normalizing (cold and rainy), so doing pinholing with paper negatives needs half an hour of exposing. Using 4x5 film would be ideal, but I doubt my skills of developing it. So I came to an idea which worked ok. I took one film out of the Joycam, taped it in the normal film holder, exposed 15 secs, and then back to Joycam to pull it thru the rollers. At first I tried just to feed the film in the dark to the rollers, but every attempt gave uneven pressure and the photos were partly developed or there were nice, tree-like artifacts. I then fed the exposed film back to the cartridge and put it to Joycam and then the photos came out ok. I got more excited about this, so I bought a pack of 600 film, but that film is too big to fit in a film holder :-( After exposure when I took the film holder out of the camera, the 600 film wasn't inside the holder anymore. As I don't even have a Polaroid camera for this film, I tried to develop the film by rolling bottle over the film, but that didn't spread evenly the chemistry. I recall that maybe in this list, somebody developed Polaroid films this way, but probably the films were different.

The photos have a bad magenta cast, but that's fixed in the Gimp, and also the image must be flipped.

Anyway, much better photos this way than directly with Joycam pinhole, it's so plastic and a 4x5 wooden pinhole camera doesn't shake so badly in the wind.

I was thinking of buying a Polaroid film holder, but while it would be much easier, this is more like the pinhole-spirit.

best regards

-matti