Greetings,

This is my first post. Been following for a few months and getting encouragment to continue my pinhole endeavors. I have a Besseler cardboard 120 pinhole camera that I have used on and off, and am now ready to venture into the world on homemade cameras. The Besseler takes great shots, but is a little light in weight and hard to steady unless left alone on the ground or strapped to a tripod. I have a Bender 4x5 kit my brother gave me and I want to make an 8x10 and use film holders for both. My question is can I use photo paper in a film holder? I'm just getting into darkroom work and would like to start off slow by using paper instead of film. I've never used a film holder and am currently looking to get one to study it and take dimensions for building the camera.

Going to make the 8x10 from 1/4in ply. Working on a camlock system to lock and seal the holder against the back of the camera. Saw the one listed in a link either here or on the forum with the swing up door on the back - that looks simple enough to make too.

Any suggestions would be great. Also, I'm planning to use .001 brass shim stock for the pinhole. Any disadvantages with oxidation of the brass? I imagine stainless would be best, but the brass was easy to get and cheap. Hopefully I'll have one of the cameras by April for the Pinhole Day activities.

Thanks,
Patrick