From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????] On Behalf Of D. Hill
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 11:40 AM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] vivitar instant slide printer

Ben,

Unfortunately the Vivitar is no longer manufactured -
thus commanding high prices in the used arena.
Another reccomendation would be to purchase a Daylab
35 or a Daylab Jr.  It works the same as the vivitar,
however you have more controls (cc filters and a
greater variable flash time) than the vivitar.  The
standard model has the polaroid back.  If you want to
do any color corrections with the vivitar, you have to
cut down gel filters and slide them in with the image.

The Daylabs are still in production, and if you enjoy
it, different bases are available for printing on 4x5
and 8x10, and a sx-70 base is available as well and
that one is just nifty. I have used both Vivitar and
Daylab 35, and I prefer the daylab due to it's many
uses.  Just think of it as a self-contained darkroom.
It is about the same height as the vivitar, but twice
as wide.  The one drawback - while some models of the
vivitar can be battery operated, the daylab needs to
be plugged in.

I promise I don't work for daylab!!!  I just found one
at a thrift store and can't get enough of it.

http://www.daylab.com/

Don