Well put... I'm STILL getting use to getting closer than close to my
subjects. andy

-----Original Message-----
From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of Michael Healy
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 3:24 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] Coverage

<snip>
One thing I especially like about the super short focal length pinhole is
that it kicks me in the rear with lousy images every time I stand more than
18" from my subject. Using 50mm on a 4x5 means that you run the risk of
having your subject poke you in the eye while you're trying to maneuver
close enough. It also FEELS weird and overbearing to place a 4x5 studio
camera mere inches from something. The whole experience makes for a very
strange, enchanting, but also humbling encounter with reality.

Mike