From: "Ed Nazarko" <enaza...@acumen-sciences.com>
To: <pinhole-discussion@p at ???????>
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 9:20 AM
Subject: RE: [pinhole-discussion] digital pinhole?

Because most digital cameras are CCD, they have little lenses over the
tops of each of the sensors, so are they authentically pinhole cameras?
Guess it's a matter of theology.

I've routinely shot several second exposures with digital cameras (not
pinhole) without horrible noise problems, and you can remove a lot of
noise in photoshop anyhow.  Many of the infrared camera experiments in
the digital world (you have to remove the infrared filter glass that
sits on top of the CCD, replace it with other clear glass of exactly the
same thickness) are many-second exposures.

I've been craving pinhole with infrared imaging capability, difficult
with Kodak now only producing 35mm infrared film.  Perhaps pinhole
digital is the way to go.