In a message dated 11/19/2002 1:04:04 AM Central Standard Time,
zopp...@yahoo.com writes:

> all,
>
>  Due to the cost difference of type 55, I am
>  considering the use of polaroid type 665 for a
>  project. Has anyone tried the polaroid neg's with
>  printing platinum?  This will be my first attempt with
>  the medium and any information will be appreciated.
>  My worry is that the neg will not have a strong enough
>  density to print acceptable images.
>
>  Thanks,

  I cant speak to Polaroid 665, but I would think if you overexposed by 2
stops at least , you would get a dense enough negative for platinum . What is
665's rated film speed ?
I know with Type 55 , I expose it at EI 25 , to get the negs I like , and I
think Polaroid rates Type 55 at EI 50 , I would think you could rate it lower
and run a few tests to see how dense the negs can get , before becoming "
bulletproof " and block up.
Good Luck , and let us know what results you get .