Is this code for something? Does everybody else in alternative processes
already know what this means? Am I just out of loops?

Mike Healy

----- Original Message -----
From: ROBERTSON,TRAVIS J
To: 'pinhole-discussion@p at ???????'
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 12:55 PM
Subject: RE: [pinhole-discussion] Polaroid Reciprocity

whatever geek

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillermo [mailto:pen...@rogers.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 8:28 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Russell" <jruss...@wishtv.com>

> The corrected time you gave me worked very well.   Thank you!
>
> However, I want to clarify one thing...
>
> Did you go to the Polaroid website to get the numbers to plug into the
> WinCurveFit program?  Did you just pull the numbers from the displayed
graph
> and plug them into the program and extend the curve?  Is that how that
> works.

Jason, altho I could have used the graph to get some "indicated versus
corrected" values, that graph is just too coarse and since some values are
already given in the "Reciprocity Performance" table, that's what I used.
Now, that table (or graph) gives you corrected values in terms of extra
stops of Exposure Adjustment,  so we need to translate the indicated
exposures to corrected exposures in seconds.  For full stops it is easy, you
double the indicated exposure for each stop of adjustment, but what about,
for instance, the corrected exposure for an indicated 16 secs and an
adjustment of  +1 2/3 stops?  To do it, you have to use the following
equation:

I = indicated time
T = corrected time
n = exposure correction in stops
^ = raised to the power of (need scientific calculator to do it, I use
CALC98, freeware program downloadble here
http://www.calculator.org/download.html)

T = I * (2 ^ n)

In the case of 16 secs and 1 2/3 stops adjustment, it would be:

T = 16 * (2 ^ 1 2/3)
T = 16 * (2 ^ 1.6666)
T = 16 * 3.17465
T = 50.79 secs

Once you have all the corrected values in seconds, feed the indicated and
corrected values to the WinCurveFit program.

I have to mention that I don't bring a calculator with me when I go out to
make exposures, I prefer to make a graph, very much like this one
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/f9/f002_0062gc.
gif  and use that to find corrected times.

Guillermo