Ian,

Is this the intregal film, for the one-step cameras?
You will know if the film pack has two foil dots on
the metal base (battery contacts)

If so the easiest method is to build your camera
around the entire cartridge - not just shooting one
sheet at a time.  You will need a polaroid 600 or
sx-70 to develop the film.  In a black room or
changing bag load the camera with the cartridge and
then expose your film.  After exposure, in a darkroom
or changing bag - remove the cartridge and place it in
the polaroid camera.  When you close the film door the
camera will immediately eject the film, using the
integrated rollers to develop the polaroid.  Likewise,
to get to the first frame of the film, you have to put
the cartridge in the camera to remove the protective
paper or darkslide.  Once you remove this from the
camera, you have to store the film in the camera or a
light tight box.

If your camera is an SX-70, it's a bit more painful to
use the film.  When inserting the film cartridge into
the camera, you have to hold an index card or
something similar under the cartridge as you insert it
into the camera (it bypasses a lock-out so you do not
shoot the wrong film - no big deal if you use the
camera only for processing) then remove the card and
close the film door.

Some people have ripped out the lens of their polaroid
600's and replaced it with a pinhole, but whenever I
have attempted this the face of the camera just
shatters and I have to run for the band-aids.  So,
best of luck to you.

Don Hill