--- Tom Miller <twmil...@mr.net> wrote:
> Dear List Members,
>
> 1:  I've noticed that when pulling electrician's
> tape off the roll in
> complete darkness there is a small greenish light at
> the spot where
> the tape is pulling off the roll.  Recently, I made
..snip..
Oh, I see that too.  I forget the technical name for
it, but I remember doing an experiment in high school
where you cracked a wintergreen lifesaver in the dark
and it created a similar brief light -- imagine 30
high school students breaking lifesavers in the dark.
Brave teacher, no?   I think it's the same
physics/chemistry involved.

-- p