From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of MARK POWER
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 3:33 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: [pinhole-discussion] Re: Pinhole-Discussion digest,Vol 1 #776 - 12
msgs

> --__--__--
> Also does anyone know of any designs for making a 4x5 pinhole camera, or
have any advice I don't want to buyone, but I want one that produces good
quality images and is reliable.

Ben,
There's also a book which shows how to make large format cameras which
could obviously be scaled down a bit to your requirements.  The book
also shows how to make various development equipment.  Unfortunately,
although I have I have it at home, I can't for the life remember the
title etc. but it's available from Focal Press.  Their web site should
have it.  If you're interested, e mail me  and I'll get the details.

Regards,
Mark

> --__--__--
> --__--__--
>

> Anyone has tried converting a 35 mm camera to pinhole ?

Zami,
I've converted quite a few too, including a Zenit and a Pentax.  I did
so for ease of film carriage and the for experimentation of film as you
suggest.  I've used brass, fixed with gaffers tape, but also very cheap
tin foil which has never failed me.  I like to keep it basic! I've had
some creditable results and, occasionally, some very good ones.  I'd
like to have a crack at some wild types of film but expense prohibits.
I've used the more expensive films but more often used out of date and
no brand film from cheapo £ shops.  Works just as well. As for pinhole
size - I just guessed.

Regards,
Mark