Gordon,
Sounds much like the Granview cameras- http://www.granview.com - an excellent
idea to modify and use for pinhole.
Don
 "Gordon J. Holtslander" wrote:Hi:

Since things are quiet...

I want to build something to take closeups of small objects. I keep
seeing little things on the ground that I think would make good pinhole
images, but none of my cameras would be able to take the pictures easily.

I was thinking of making a camera that would be cone or wedge shaped, with
the pinhole at the peak of the cone (the cone would have a flat end for
the pinhole).

It would need this shape to minimize the shadow that it creates.

The back would take 8x10 film.

The camera would also have adjustable feet so that it could easily be
positioned over top of an object, and moved up and down to adjust taking
field.

Has anyone tried making anything similar?

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2