From: "Gordon J. Holtslander" <hol...@duke.usask.ca>
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] cyanotypes using paper negatives
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:00:41 -0600 (CST)

Hi:

you can make cyanotypes from a paper negative.  It just takes a long time.
A friend of mine has done this - he needed to expose these for three hours
in the sun.

You could try waxing the paper negatives to make them more transparent.
People have had success using melted parafin wax.

Gord

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 bendur...@aol.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am about to start printing cyanotypes, I want to use 5x4 ortho film which I > don't think will be a problem, but I'd also like to use paper negs made in a
> pinhole camera I  made the paper negs are about 76cmx90cm can I make a
> cyanotypes print under glass or perspex just by treating larger paper, and
> exposing it under sunlight, or would that cause a problem.
> I use ilford VC paper.
> could anyone illuminate me.
> Cheers
> Ben

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2