1. The optimal distance for a .013" pinhole is about three inches, and the f
stop would be about 230. You should be able to figure your exposure out with
that, by comparing with a metered f stop. A "black cat" brand  guide will
help enormously. see it at www.pinholeresource.com
2. Technical answer is that the falloff of light intensity off axis is equal
to the original intensity times the fourth power of the cosine of the angle
off axis. The simple answer is yes. You need a better match between the
distance to the film and the size of the pinhole. Bigger is better.
3. Sounds like old dried up fiberbased paper. Yes a hot press will help. One
used to be able to get print flattener solution, which was basically
glycerine. Don't know if it's available any more.
4. I don't know the ethical answer, but in reality large city sewage systems
can handle the occasional amateur dump. ----- Original Message -----