Laura - it is about 80 miles but while VH may appear to be in the middle of
nowhere, it is the crossroads of the Texas Mountain Trail and sits on I10.  The
trick is to entice people to spend more time in VH whereas now it is just a
crossroads.  That is what building an art community is all about.  More than
10,000 cars go through town every day.  If just 3% stay an extra two hours
exploring downtown, we will be fine.  Of cross, my fingers and toes are crossed.
Cheers
Ray

  Well, I was intrigued that you would move to the middle of nowhere...but then
I remembered that by Texas standards you won't be that far from Marfa.  I think
it's about 80 miles and is the home of the Chinati foundation and the newly
discovered playground of rich Houston lawyers.  Good luck.