I put the screen in first and press it against the tube, then load the film, emulsion side facing away from the screen and tube.

- Gregg

At 10:56 AM 6/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:
Gregg wrote:

> I use a piece of plastic screening inside a tube to avoid the scratching
> and also allow the chemicals to cover both sides.  I think I got this idea
> from someone's posting on the list a couple of years ago.  It has worked
> pretty well.  You can buy the screening at a hardware store and just cut it
> to fit inside the tube.

This sounds like a good idea.  Do you put the screen in before you put the
film in, or sort of wrap it around the film before inserting it?

I'll try it tomorrow, and also try sanding and steel wool as per John's
suggestion.

Thanks,

--shannon