You can also extend the exposure range of the camera by putting a neutral density filter over the lens of the exposure sensor. The maximum exposure range of most of the integral film cameras is on the order of 16 seconds. Black tape over the exposure sensor can be removed before the max time is reached (if you are good at hand timing...). The older peel-apart film camera have a different exposure system with a nearly unlimited exposure time (limited by battery life) as well as the capability to use the 3000 speed film. My WPPD photo (#97) was hand held on a very cloudy day.

Mike Vande Bunt

Howard Wells wrote:

Gina,

I haven't fiddled with the shutter at all. By using 600 film and large
pinholes (somewhere in the f100 range) I'm still within the exposure
range the camera was built for.  Smaller pinholes might also work but
probably only in bright light.

Howard

gina wrote:

what do you do with the shutter mechanism to get it to stay open for the
longer exposures? I cant figure it out.  help meee!!!

thanks in advance,
Gina

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~ginabell/index.html