hi

I finally got my wooden 4x5 camera lightproof and taken few test shots using paper negatives. Results are fine, but some recent talk here (esp. diluting developer) made me search for methods for better tonality. Flashing (ie. pre-exposure) was one I've already tried, but these tests showed a little increase in details. Diluting the developer is next thing I'm going to try, but still there are other methods, using multigrade filter for example. Problem with paper negative seems to be the total lack of details in the sky, getting the sky with some clouds make the print look more "real". Does anybody of you know some web-pages to look for more information? Google search finds tons of pages not necessarily related with the subject. As I scan the paper negatives, there's also the possibilty to use computer to improve the prints, but if the scan shows no details, I'm not going to add some nice clouds from other pictures :-)

thanks

-matti
mjkos...@koti.soon.fi