From: aaron
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 6:24 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: [pinhole-discussion] Re: mini-pin + photo flo sub

i too have heard that you can use dishwashing detergent in lieu of
photo-flo, but i've never tried it.

> Can you share how you made these mini-pin cameras? I am new to pinhole
an=
> d these sound really cool. I would love to try.

the mini-pin cameras are just 35mm film cannisters. i used a hole punch
to make a large hole mid-way up one side. a pinhole poked into a piece
of an aluminum baking sheet was taped to the inside of the cannister in
the same place. the paper negs are 3 1/4 inches by 1 5/8 or so, and the
exposure times have been about 3 seconds in bright daylight. i use a
piece of black electrician's tape as the shutter. it's useful to build
about ten of them to take out shooting at once, as you only get one shot
per. they're pretty small so it's not so akward to carry that many
around.

don't use film cannisters from ilford films, as the tops (the bright
blue, orange and grey) are not light proof.

the image is a negative, so you'll have to make a contact print. i've
tried enlarging them with a 35mm holder, and it works fine too, but you
get a bit of paper texture, and the exposure times are LONG.

you could use film in them too, but i haven't worked that way, as the
prospect of processing lots of little clips of film seems rather
daunting...

if you send me your address, i'll send you a few as long as you share
the results... but it's super easy to build your own.

/aaron