From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of Mike Vande
Bunt
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 10:48 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] Favorite Cameras?

I think Guillermo is on to something here.  Disposable (or
"single use" to use the proper marketing term...) cameras
can be reloaded once you know the trick, but it is not
simple and requires a darkroom or changing bag.

But there are LOTS of really bad (or at least mediocre)
non-disposable 35mm camera out there that are available
for next to nothing at resale shops and yard sales.  The
most common type that can be found is the "Time" magazine
camera that was sent out for free with a subscription.  (They
cost the owner nothing, but as a lens camera they are almost
worthless -- some of the Toy Camera artists have made art
photos with them but they are not good enough to take decent
photos and not bad enough to be a Diana camers.)

The lens is poor and the shutter inconsistent.  But the whole
lens/shutter unit can be removed (prying is probably the best
way to do this).  Then you can add your own pinhole and
shutter.  Probably a piece of electrical tape will work for a
shutter.  One nice thing is that the film plane is slightly curved
as a way to correct the distortion of the cheap plastic lens,
and this is a lus for pinhole too.

Mike Vande Bunt