I am also looking for alternatives to film holders.
I am thinking of altering my changing bag to incorporate an elastic
drawstring. Then making a wooden camera with a piece of molding that the
draw string can fit around. The camera will have a compartment in the back
behind the film plane to store paper. After taking a picture I will put the
bag on, reach into the arm openings and open the camera to change out the
exposed paper by moving the paper from one compartment to the other..

Pete