Hi,

It is my understanding that these surveillance cameras have TV resolution
(330 pixels tall) so this will only be good for about a 1x1 or 2x2 print.

I also shoot digital (Sony 707) and am happy with the 8x10 and mostly happy
with the 11x14.  This camera has 5M pixels so you would probably need
approximately
5-6MP.  The consumer level cameras in the size range are $700-1100 but have
fixed lenses and I don't see any way of converting to pinhole.  The alternative
would be to get a digital SLR (Nikon, Cannon, Sigma, or Kodak) and use a
pinhole body cap in place of the lens.  Anyone on the list done this?  One
issue for digital cameras is that the image is noisy after the shutter is
open for a second or two.  The 707 has special noise reduction that allows
clean 30 second exposures (good for night photography), I don't know about
the digital SLRS but that would be a consideration.

Friends say that the best 4x5 digital back is BetterLight and cost $10-15k,
however these backs are all scanning so there is a limited range of exposure
times (betterlight goes down to 1/8 second).

Mark
http://www.interwalk.com/pinhole.htm