No need to buy a camera or spend more than $15 (including a pinhole).

I recently bought a Brownie Flash six-20 camera from the 1940s for $5. These are plentiful in junk shops and ebay. You can remove its lens with a screwdriver and replace it with a pinhole (available from pinhole resources). Then it is capable of taking 6x9 images. You do have to respool 120 film onto
620 reels, which you can do using the camera in the dark.

I am still testing it out with film but there is no reason this should not work well.

Sanjeev Arora

Sarah Heidt wrote:

Hi, I'm Sarah Heidt. I just signed on to the list and hope to get some advice and learn from you all.

I want to ask about cameras first. I don't have a darkroom set up. I am thinking of getting a pinhole cap for my Canon EOS. I want to use film that I can load in daylight. But I was thinking of getting one of those ZeroImage cameras that will accept medium format film. Is it worth the money? I am not into making a camera myself.

About me: I'm a philosophy professor by training, but now I am an at-home mom to two girls. I love photographs and I love taking pictures of my girls. Photography is just a hobby for me at this point.

Thanks,
Sarah