--- John Yeo <jonn...@thegrid.net> wrote:
> The anti-halation backing doesn't cleared very well in
> tubes, so I took the film out and put them in hangers to sit in the fixer
> for a while.

John -

Simply allowing the sheets to sit in water for a while will work also.  I use
the tank I originally purchased for developing sheet film as a means of holding
the film while washing it.  After fixing, I do a five minute wash, then let the
sheets sit in standing water for about 15 minutes, then give a final rinse.
The anti-halation backing of TMX (the most stubborn) goes right away.

Cheers -

george

=====
Handmade Photographic Images