This week I got an old SLR back from service, and I have a set of extension
tubes for it. An idea came to  my mind, namely to use one or more of the
extension tubes with a pinholed lens cap or aluminum foil at front. I could
even get a second extension tube set and use these ones separately as front
tubes with permanent holes of different diameters that would fit different
combinations of the other tube set.

Probably someone has tried this already, and if so I would be very interested
in learning the outcome of it as well as in getting some suggestions for
improving my idea.

The best way is to try it out myself, but hey, I am the guy presently
converting a (too small) guest toilet into a darkroom, and that keeps me busy
enough for the moment.

Dennis