X-Ray film shows up on EBay at least once a week.....cheap too...
andy

-----Original Message-----
From: pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????
[mailto:pinhole-discussion-admin@p at ???????]On Behalf Of Gordon J.
Holtslander
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 5:55 PM
To: pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Subject: Re: [pinhole-discussion] sheet film instead of photo paper

Hi:

I remember reading a reference to using x-ray film covered in the pinhole
resource.

It does work with light. I believe x-ray film is more contrasty than
regular film.  I think a lower contrast developer is suggested.  Selectol
was supposed to work, but its no longer being made.

The cool thing about X-ray film is that it often has an emulsion on both
sides of the film.

some people made cameras where the film hung in the middle and pinholes
were on each end.  a sort of double exposure was made with two images
being formed on opposite sides of the film.

Large format film from kodak ilford is expensive see if you can find a
supplier of forte or bergger, In Canada there's
http://www.eightelmphoto.com

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Murray wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Apologies if this question was answered 47 times already before I thought
> ask it.
>
> Any one use b/w sheet film that uses 'conventional' developer instead of
> paper negatives (other than lith/exotics) ?
>
> If so, what kind? Maybe 4 x 5 film packs? Anything larger?
>
> Anyone try x-ray film? If so, what kind of behavior does it exhibit with
> light vs. x-rays (contrast?).
>
> Thanks
>
> Murray

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2