George L Smyth wrote:

> --- John Yeo <jonn...@thegrid.net> wrote:
> > A 116 spool is not the same size as a 120 spool.
>
> Right - to use 120 you need to unwind the film, then wind it onto the 116
> spool.

George,

I don't think that you can do that.  Since the 120 film/paper is smaller than
the 116 spool, you will get light leaks from the space between the side of
the 116 spool and the side of the 120 film/paper.  Unless, of course, you
load the camera in total darkness immediately after having wound it on the
116 spool AND that you unload it in total darkness directly from your camera
into your processing tank.

Of course, if you have 116 paper, then you can tape you film emulsion to the
116 paper and wind it on the 116 spool.  The paper will go to the very edge
of the spool and protect your emulsion.

Cheers,

Guy