It should work, but it would rotate VERY slow. You would also need some
type of SLIT aperture, or all you would get is a blurr. I want to work on
a 360 degree slit camera which has a 1mm vertical slit. So as the slit
rotates in exposes the the film. The faster the rotation is like a faster
shutter speed.

Search for slit cameras on google.com and you may learn a lot.

mac