>No (oddly, perhaps) it doesn't. The paper is used just
>moist enough to soften the fibers. The pressure of the
>press is more than enough to force the ink into the
>paper despite the water.
>
>Colin

Colin!

Is there any inexpensive ways to do at least small Intaglio? I would like
to try printing some pinhole positives using s9olar plates. there is a
great book called "Printmaking In The Sun", which explains how to make
very easy and inexpensive Intaglio plates using photopolymer water
developed plates.

Unfortunately, I don't have a press. I to have a small 1 ton hand Arbour
Press. The arbour hoes up and down.

I wouldn't even mind making 3x3" intaglio prints.

Thanks

Mac