Gregg Kemp writes:

> Does anyone know anything about Ann Hamilton? - just curious.

I am embarrassed to admit that I don't know very much about Ann Hamilton,
and actually, this information may not even be about the same artist.
The Ann Hamilton I know of is an installation artist, although I have
seen some of her video work.

The Headlands Center for the Arts is a collection of repurposed military
buildings in the Marin Headlands, across the Golden Gate Bridge from San
Francisco and out towards the Pacific Ocean.  One of the most stunning
parts of the complex is the mess hall, where resident artists eat five
nights a week and the public can eat when there are public programs.
It is a fantastic place to cook and bake, and Hamilton designed that
space in 1989:

  http://www.headlands.org/About/MessHall.shtml

She had a piece in the Carnegie International art show in Pittsburgh a
few years ago that was, if memory serves, a very long white wall that
had rivulets of water trickling down it; might not sound like much,
but to see it and spend some time with it was rewarding.

Also found a review of a show at the San Jose Museum of Art from last
year where here work is discussed in the context of thirty years of
installation art:

http://mitpress2.mit.edu/e-journals/Leonardo/reviews/oct2000/ex_BLUR_rapop.html

--Eric