----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordy Emery" <geme...@hotmail.com>

www.circusworldmuseum.com
> Would like to hear from members on how I should get started.

Gordy, if you have a view camera, that is an easy way to get started, just
mount a pinhole on a lens board and presto, you have a pinhole camera.  You
can shoot either film or paper with any film holder.  TLRs (with removable
lens) and medium format SLRs, can also be used as pinhole cameras by
removing the lens and installing a pinhole in its place.  A 35mm SLR can
also be used in the same fashion.  Having said that, most of us have started
(and still do) shooting B&W paper inside all sort of containers, namely:
Quaker cereal, card board boxes, paint cans, coca cola cans, etc.

Here is some controversial suggestion:  Pinhole is a lot about trial and
error for many reasons, one thing for which I like to avoid as much as I can
the almost fortuitous nature is exposure, the way to achieve it is by
knowing the diameter of the pinhole, which in turn allow you to find the
f/stop of your set up.  http://members.home.com/penate/pinhole.html has a
link to an article explaining how to measure diameters using a scanner.

Guillermo