From:   INTERNET:pinhole-discussion@p at ???????
Sent:   06 August 2001 11:16
To:     "pinhole Discussion"
Subject:        [pinhole-discussion] contrast in large format B&W
negatives.

I've been using large format pinhole negatives to do alternative process
printing. I've been aware for some time of the extent to which I can
influence the contrast of a tray-processed TMAX negative by the amount of
agitation I provide. I understand that TriX is much less susceptible to
contrast control this way, but I've never tried it. I just tried some
Ilford
HP5 5x7 negatives intended for cyanotypes and palladium printing, and found
much less contrast than I expected with what I thought was over-agitation.
Any thoughts?