--- "Gordon J. Holtslander" <hol...@duke.usask.ca> wrote:
> Another 6 hole cyanotype on my site :)
>
> I would like to know what people think of them.
>
> I'm trying to create an abstracted reproduction of small landscapes.
>
> I'm prejudiced because I know what the "real" scene looks like.  I'm
> fascinated with these, but I don't know if they mean anything to someone
> not familiar with the "real" situation.

Gord -

Abstracts should make one think, and taking something real and making an
abstract from it is fun for the artist and the viewer.  A while back I took a
picture from the turret of a Welsh castle and displayed it upside down - clouds
on the bottom.  It's amazing how many people looked and looked and looked at
the picture, not understanding what they were seeing.

The fact that they looked at it for so long told me that they were thinking.  I
feel that this gives the viewer a more pleasant experience than simply seeing
what they've seen in the past.

Cheers -

george

=====