Had an idea while driving halfway across the priairies last weekend -
Calgary to Saskatoon...

I was stuck by how what I was seeing was big swatches of single colors.
Big reddish sky, big dark blue clouds huge green fields, long black
strip of road heading off into infinity.

I'm working with large pinhole black and white negatives, but I'm struck
by the color, and I'm beginning to work again with gum bichromate. One can
build an image by printing repeatedly with different pigments and
negatives on same paper.

I could make multiple false color seperation negs.  One neg for the sky
printed red, one neg for clouds printed dark blue one neg for green
fields, one for the road etc.

I can make a multicolor image where I print different parts of the image
in different colors (of my choice).

Should be able to create the mutliple negs with a computer.

Next to impossble without a computer.

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander           Dept. of Biology
hol...@duke.usask.ca            112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg    University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433              Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461              Canada  S7N 5E2