Thanks to David Ocampo for brining up this
interresting topic.  I think the discussion of whether
artists should be true to their medium or whether we
should embrace new technology applies to us pinholers
because many of us are taking a minimalistic approach
to a technologically advanced medium: photography.

A negative from a pinhole camera is the most honest
image of real space that one can create.  Ironically,
pinhole photography also tends to distort our
perception of time.  So both preservation of reality
and distortion of reality are inherant traits of
pinhole photography.  For this reason I think pinhole
photography appeals to both "grass roots"
photographers, and "abstract experimentalists" alike.

Everyone's got their preferences (I just deleted the
last half of this email in which I quite concisely
explained my preferences for black and white prints
representing an actual event in time and space over
computer-manipulated images on a screen).  My point
is: make images that appeal to you.  Chances are,
there will be other people out there who appreciate
them as well.  As for those people who don't
appreciate the way you make your images, well, they
obviously don't value the same things as you.  So
what.

Keep Pinholin' (or if you prefer, switch to computer
generated 3D animation)

Jeremy