From: Johanna Zamora
Sent: Tue, Jun 26, 2001 9:04am
To: <Pinhole-Discussion@p at ???????>
Subject: [pinhole-discussion] Hello
Hello,

I am new to the list.  I am also new to pinhole
photography.  I normally use my Minolta or My
Rolleicord Vb to take pictures, but want to play
around with pinhole.  Since I haven't a clue about
developing etc, I thought my first efforts would be
with my 35mm cam.  Here is the plan:
I am trying to make a body cap pinhole cover for my
minolta xg-7.
Wonder if I could vet a couple of ideas here?
I am using a body cap with a larger hole cut out,
about 5mm or 6mm and then I am applying soda can
aluminum to it.  Thin enough?

I will be using a 30 gauge syringe needle.  Which is
smaller than a pin. I called BD (manufacturers) and
found the external diameter is 0.012mm.
I have access to the needles, thinking they were
pretty small.  Perhaps another pinhole source is
better?

So any ideas if this is workable?  Is there anyone who
can give me a concept of focal length for this?
Exposure times?

I am using this size film to start out with because
it's portable - well heck anything is portable :) -
and I am going down to Portland in July, by train and
am anxious to do a test run before my trip.
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to learning a
lot on this list!
Johanna Zamora