Hi Wayne and welcome to pinhole photography.  You won't regret it!
My personal preference for pinhole is to use large format cameras.
Actually, all my pinhole work is done in large format...it's just what
I'm most comfortable with.  Aside from that, you just can't beat the use
of Polaroid film with pinhole/large format photography (just my
opinion).  For me, it's all I use anymore.  Having the instant results
will let you know where you stand on your exposures and you can
recalibrate accordingly.  Also, I don't have acces to any darkrooms in
my area so the instant film is the best way to go.
Hope this helps.  Just remember, do what works best for you!

Regards,

Bill-